Varies with device
Minecraft is one of the most popular games of all time. It is even considered as the legendary in the gaming industry. It was developed and released by Mojang Studios in November 2011. Since that, Minecraft was recognized as the best selling video game in the world. The developers sold more than 200 million copies and even now, after nine years since the first release, they have over 126 million active users every month. Minecraft is available on the number of various platforms, including mobile and desktop.
Minecraft is a sandbox 3D survival game. Here, players are granted with lots of freedom in choosing how to play, as the game does not have a specific goal. By default, Minecraft is played from the first-perspective, but users can switch to the third-perspective in the settings. The game five main modes are:
- Survival. Here, players will be limited in resources and have to collect them while defending yourself from the enemies. Also, you can craft various buildings or castles, attack the buildings of other players and stole their properties and gained resources.
- Hardcore. It is the hardest mode in Minecraft. From first glance, it is very similar to Survival but it has stricter rules and features permadeath.
- Creative. In Creative mode, players are not limited in resources and do not have enemies. They can build whatever they want and explore the entire world without limits;
- Adventure. Here, you can try to play the maps and small games developed by other players. It is very similar to Survival mode but with various additions that were applied by the game’s creator.
- Spectator. In this mode, you can not actually play but you can watch how other gamers are playing and explore their strategies.
Minecraft features the endless game world that is procedurally generated when users start to explore it. A distinctive feature of the game is the use of pixel and block graphics. That is why all objects in Minecraft look very rough and do not have rounded corners. The game’s world is divided into the special parts named “biomes” that feature various natural conditions, such as jungles, forests, snowfields, and so on. There are a set of special music and sounds effects created especially for Minecraft by Daniel Rosenfeld, the German musician. Overall, the game has ambient music on the background.
As we mentioned before, Minecraft is available on the number of different platforms. This list includes the following ones: Linux, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Android. The controls are intuitive and easy to remember.
- Five modes;
- It can be played from the first-person and third-person perspectives.
- No Windows Phone version;
- Rough graphics.